Please read this privacy statement carefully before using the website.
LIPOMED is delighted that you have decided to visit our website and thanks you for your interest in our company, our products and services. We take the privacy of your personal data seriously and would like you to feel secure and at ease when visiting our website.
We collect and process your personal data in relation with your use of the website only with applicable data protection legislation (GDPR) and in compliance with the following principles.
By visiting this website, you agree to this privacy statement.
1. Purposes of the data processingWe process your personal data for the following purposes only:
- provision and operation of the website;
- answering enquiries and processing of services;
- processing of orders from our e-shop;
- dispatch of our newsletter (insofar that you have given your consent hereto in advance);
- delivery of materials, documents, etc. for download (insofar that you have first registered as a user to this effect);
- analysis of the usage of the website;
- other purposes provided for in this privacy statement.
2. Involvement of service providersFor the operation of the website, the processing of orders, the dispatch of our newsletter, etc., we may involve service providers (group companies or third parties) within or outside Switzerland. These service providers will process your personal data on our behalf for the above-mentioned purposes only and by adhering to required security measures. We nevertheless would like to make you aware of the fact that the legal protection of personal data granted outside of Switzerland is not necessarily equivalent to the one granted in Switzerland.
3. Disclosure of personal data to third partiesWe do not transfer your personal data to third parties for their own purposes, except to the extent required by legal or regulatory requirements or ordered by state bodies and authorities. We may also disclose your personal data to third parties if you gave us your prior consent or if otherwise provided in this privacy statement. All data you provide to LIPOMED will be treated confidentially and will not be disclosed by LIPOMED to third parties, except to the extent necessary for the provision of services by LIPOMED.
4. Provision of the website and creation of log files
4.1. Description and scope of data processingEach time our website is accessed, our system automatically records data and information from the computer system of the accessing computer. The following data is collected:
(1) The URL accessed on our site
(2) Information about the browser type and the version used
(3) The user's operating system
(4) The user's internet service provider
(5) The user's IP address
(6) Date and time of access
(7) Websites that are accessed by the user's system through our website(8) Websites from which the user's system accessed our website
This data is also stored in our system's log files. Storage of this data together with other personal user data does not occur.
4.2. Purpose of the data processingThe system must store the IP address temporarily to enable provision of the website to the user's computer. To this end, the user's IP address must remain stored for the duration of the session.
Log files are stored to ensure the proper operation of the website. In addition, we use the data to optimise the website and to ensure the security of our information technology systems. An analysis of the data for marketing purposes does not occur in this context.
4.3. Duration of storageThe data is deleted as soon as it is no longer required for achieving the purpose for which it was collected. In the case of the recording of data for the provision of the website, this is the case when the session in question is terminated.
4.4. Right to objection and removalThe recording of the data for the provision of the website and the storage of the data in log files is absolutely necessary for the operation of the website. Consequently, there is no right to objection on the part of the user.
5. NewsletterIf you would like to receive our newsletter, you can register for it on our website and agree to it being dispatched.We will process your personal data given in the course of and in relation with the registration for the newsletter for the purpose of the newsletter's provision and dispatch only and as far as otherwise necessary for this service (e.g. e-mail informing on changes in technical matters).
You may revoke your consent with respect to the dispatch of the newsletter at any time. For this purpose, you can find a corresponding link in each newsletter. Additionally, you may revoke your consent through the newsletter deregistration on the website or by sending a corresponding message to the contact mentioned below under "Right to information and contact information".
6. RegistrationIf you would like to download documents, information, etc. from the download area of our website, you first have to register as a user on our website.
We will process your personal data given in the course of and in relation with the registration for the download area and the use of the download area for the purpose of the provision of the required downloads only and as far as otherwise necessary for this service (e.g. e-mail providing information about technical changes for the execution of downloads, etc.).
You may cancel the registration for the download through the website at any time.
6.1. Description and scope of data processingThe data is entered into an input screen on registration and transmitted to us and stored. Transfer of the data to third parties does not occur. The following data is collected as part of the registration process:
Name; company name; address; postcode/city; country; phone; fax; email; password; product interest; I am(15) Date and time of registration and of last login
6.2. Purpose of the data processingThe registration of the user is necessary for keeping certain content and services available on our website.
6.3. Duration of storageThe data is deleted as soon as it is no longer required for achieving the purpose for which it was collected. This is the case for the data collected during the registration process when the registration on our website is cancelled or changed.
6.4. Right to objection and removalAs a user, you always have the right to cancel your registration. You can always get the data that is stored about you changed.
7. Contact form and email contact
7.1. Description and scope of data processingThere are contact forms on our website which can be used to contact us electronically. If a user avails of this option, the data entered into the input screen are transmitted to us and stored. This data is:
Your query; about; message; name; company name; adress; postcode/city; country; email; phone; if service: files; if service: reference or order number; different adresses; depending on the form, other information required for the order; date and time of query.
Alternatively, contact may be made via the email address provided. In this case, the user's personal data that is transmitted with the email is stored.
No transfer of the data to third parties occurs in this context. The data is used solely for processing the conversation.
7.2. Purpose of the data processingThe processing of the personal data from the input mask is conducted solely for handling the communication. In the case of contact by email, the required justifiable interest in processing the data applies here too.
The other personal data processed during the transmission process are used to prevent misuse of the contact form and ensure the security of our information technology systems.
7.3. Duration of storageThe data is deleted as soon as it is no longer required for achieving the purpose for which it was collected.
Cookies are for instance used to display complex and dynamic contents, to recognise you the next time you visit our website or to verify the identity of users who have identified themselves using a password.
9. Google AnalyticsThis website uses Google Analytics, which is a web analytics service of Google Inc. with its head office in the USA ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies", text information which is saved on your computer and which enables an analysis of your use of the website. It involves the following cookies:
The information generated by the Google Analytics cookies about your use of this website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored on Google servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties, where required to do so by law or if such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. You may prevent the cookies of Google Analytics from being installed by setting up your browser accordingly or by installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on made available by Google (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en). However, if you choose to do so, you may not be able to fully make use of certain features offered by this website. By using this website, you agree that Google processes the collected information about you in the above-mentioned manner and for the above-mentioned purpose.
10. SecurityWe have taken adequate technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal data against loss, destruction and manipulation as well as against access, transformation or disclosure by unauthorised persons. Particularly critical personal data (such as access data to the account) is encrypted when transmitted over the internet (SSL).
11. LinksThis privacy statement does not apply to websites to which our website contains links or otherwise refers to ("third party websites"). We are not responsible for and have no influence on the compliance with data protection and safety provisions by these third party websites. Therefore, please take notice of the privacy statements of the respective third party websites.
12. ChangesWe reserve the right to change this privacy statement at any time. We therefore recommend that you review it on a regular basis.Changes to this privacy statement are effective when published on our website.
The last line of this privacy statement contains the date of the last update.
13. Rights of the person concerned
13.1. Personal dataPersonal data is all information relating to an identified or identifiable natural or legal person, such as name, phone number, postal address and e-mail address.
We only process personal data which you automatically and/or explicitly disclose to us when using the website (e.g. if you register for the newsletter and/or the download area).
13.2. Right to informationYou can request confirmation from the responsible person about whether we process personal data that pertains to you.
If such processing exists, you can request disclosure of the following information from the responsible person:
(1) the purposes for which the personal data is processed;
(2) the categories of personal data that are processed;
(3) the planned duration of the storage of the personal data that pertains to you;
(4) the existence of a right of correction or deletion of thepersonal data that pertains to you, a right of limiting the processing by the responsible person or a right to object to this processing;
(5) the existence of a right to lodge a complaint to a supervisory authority;
13.3. Right to correctionYou have the right to correction and/or completion towards the responsible person to the extent that the processed personal data that pertains to you is incorrect or incomplete. The responsible person must implement the correction immediately.
13.4. Right to deletiona) Obligation to delete
You can request from the responsible person that the personal data that pertains to you is deleted immediately and the responsible person is obliged to delete this data immediately provided that one of the following reasons applies:
(1) The personal data that pertains to you is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected or processed in any other manner.
(2) You revoke your permission on which the processing was based and there is a lack of any other legal basis for processing.
(3) The personal data that pertains to you was processed unlawfully.
The right to deletion does not apply provided that the processing is necessary
(1) for exercising the right to freedom of speech and freedom of information;
(2) for the fulfilment of a legal obligation;
(3) for exerting, exercising or defending legal claims.
13.5. Right to objection and revocation of permissionIf the personal data that pertains to you is used to conduct direct advertising, you have the right to object to the processing of the personal data that pertains to you for the purpose of such advertising at any time; this also applies to profiling provided that it is associated with such direct advertising.
You have the right to revoke your declaration of permission under data protection law at any time. By revoking your permission, the legality of the processing that occurred on the basis of the permission until revocation will not be affected. In this case, however, you will no longer be able to use our website.
14. Contact informationIf you have any further questions on the use of your personal data or on whether information about you is being processed, please contact:
Last update: May 2020